Occasionally I like to go back into the archives and revive some popular content some may have missed. This go-round involves a few of the posts which have highlighted the potential of reaching people through mobile technology. These articles compile some pretty eye-opening stats which serve as a reminder that we need to constantly try to reach people where they are.
If you are still wondering how mobile technology might play a role in your ministry, check these out:
- 56% of people with smartphones use them while attending social events and 57% now search the internet using their smartphone more than once a day.
- Some estimate that more than one third of all cell phone users currently have a smart phone. Here are 6 implications of mobile ministry.
- There are a slew of positive connections between faith and technology. Here are 3.
- More than 50% of 18 to 24-year-olds surveyed said that the introduction of services like text and online donations has encouraged them to donate spontaneously.
- According to a new Pew Research study, religious people are just as tech-savvy if not more tech-savvy than non church-going people.
What are you doing to reach people through mobile technology? What have you learned so far?