Church leaders who lean on both intuition and information make better decisions, cast more compelling visions, and create better ministry action plans. This principle affects every single area of ministry, especially generosity. Church leaders who lean too heavily on intuition risk leading their church down a dangerous financial path. Church leaders who lean too heavily on information sometimes fail to act.
The challenge for most church leaders is taking confusing and frustrating information and using it to make simple, meaningful decisions. A few weeks ago, we asked Sanford Levings to demonstrate how one particularly effective reporting process — the ‘Tell All’ donor report — helps church leaders tap into an ecosystem of data that will help them move forward with confidence, conviction, and purpose.
If you’re ready to learn how to leverage valuable information to increase generosity in the lives of your church members and grow your ministry, here are a few highlights from the webinar:
Your intuition might be telling you...
- A small segment of donors make up a substantial amount of total giving in your church.
- A large segment of people in your church aren’t giving much.
- There is probably some significant untapped giving potential in your congregation.
- There are some hurting people in your church who probably have no financial margin in their life.
Information can tell you...
- Exactly which donors make substantial gifts, as well as their passions and interests.
- Exactly which donors aren’t giving much and how you can reach them.
- Where present ministry opportunity exists.
- Those possible donors who have no financial margin in their lives so you can minister to them effectively.
How to balance information and intuition to increase generosity
Church leaders have more insight into their members’ giving habits than they probably realize, but it requires a process to collect, organize, report, and act on the giving data available to them. If you’re ready to gain the clarity, accountability, and stability needed to grow in ways you may not have thought possible, I’d definitely encourage you to watch the entire webinar and learn how to validate intuition with information, and use those insights to increase giving in your church.
Has your church created a tell-all donor report as a way to balance intuition and information? What has been the result?