My life is busy. Too busy. I suspect you feel the same way.
I never feel like I have enough time to stay current on the subjects that matter to me most, including church ministry trends. Every month that goes by, I know I’m probably missing key ideas, research, or commentaries. I simply don’t have the the time or energy to manage all the content flowing my direction—and I’m talking about the stuff I want to read.
Thankfully, my friends Todd Rhoads and Matt Steen have a created a resource to help busy leaders keep a pulse on the trends, resources, ideas, and insights from across the Internet. It's called Ministry Briefing, and there are two primary pieces to it:
- Every day, Todd and Matt share a short 5-7 minute video about "ministry stuff" to start a dialogue among church leaders about the hottest topics in ministry. You can check out their discussions here.
- Each month, Todd and Matt are releasing a print piece called Ministry Briefing. This is a compilation, and executive summary of stories that we see throughout the month that are helpful for church leaders. To develop the 400 or so resources mentioned in the February edition of Ministry Briefing, they scoured nearly 500 RSS feeds, and scanned over 16,000 individual articles and resources over the past 30 days. All of their work culminated in 115 news articles, blog posts, and studies considered to be the “best of the best.”
I had the chance to check out their first addition, and it’s terrific.
Get your issue of Ministry Briefing
The cost for the monthly issue of Ministry Briefing is $9.99, but Todd and Matt have offered a couple of subscription packages to help you save some money. They’re also providing a special coupon code for all of you.
Here’s how you can redeem your discount:
- Go to MinistryBriefing.tv
- Fill out the information and select the format you prefer
- For $3 off, Enter the coupon code “CATON”
Your purchase of Ministry Briefing gives you permission to share what you download with up to 10 other staff members and leaders in your church, equating to $1 per leader (or $0.70 per leader after the coupon code).
We have more information than ever at our fingertips. It only makes sense to depend on resources like Ministry Briefing to ensure we can leverage the best content available to improve our ministries and make an even greater impact in our communities.
What were your favorite ministry resources from January?