Once again I’m stoked to be partnering with Tony Morgan on the Leisure Suit Series. Tony released the third installment of his e-book recently: Stayin’ Alive. This series is all about helping churches get unstuck, stay healthy, and accelerate life change.
The first eBook in the Leisure Suit Series, The Leisure Suit Trap: 8 Reasons Your Church Is Stuck, focused on why churches get stuck. The second installment, Hanging Up the Leisure Suit: How to Get Unstuck, addressed out-of-date, out-of-touch, or just plain every-day-as-normal church environments, systems, and processes.
In Stayin’ Alive, Tony focuses on how you lead when you’re off the platform, Monday through Saturday. Why we often insist on wearing the same leadership style and listening to the same leadership “tunes” over and over when they’re so out of date and out of touch with reality?
Here are a few questions that Tony answers in Stayin’ Alive:
- If leadership isn’t what it used to be, then what is it?
- Can you be both a natural leader and a manager?
- How do you figure out if people are in the right roles?
- Why does consensus suck?
- Is it better to do a little bit of everything or to focus on one ministry?
- Can one leadership style work on all types of personalities?
Is your church thriving, or are you just stayin’ alive?