Vibrant community is the secret DNA of every church, business, or organization. It is impossible to achieve anything extraordinary without it. The good news is that the church has the ability to develop the type of community that transcends even the most popular brands like Apple, Southwest Airlines, or Zappos because of where our community is rooted. The trouble many church leaders face is knowing how to create it.
A few weeks ago, Church Community Builder had the opportunity to host Aaron Fortner, an expert in city planning and community building, as part of our webinar series. Today we wanted to share some of the most popular, impactful ideas from the discussion.
If you want to build the type of vibrant community in your church that creates a multiplying effect outside the walls, here are a few valuable ideas to consider:
- Community is a verb. It’s a dynamic movement that doesn’t just happen because your church builds a place for it. (tweet this)
- The community in your church is like a tree. It grows by cultivating both internal and external elements. (tweet this)
- Vibrant communities have a dynamic human story. Your church’s story is part of what makes your church attractive. (tweet this)
- Cultivating a vibrant community in your church requires you to invite people into significance. (tweet this)
- Dynamic and vibrant communities show they’re committed to building trust in every connection. (tweet this)
- Vibrant church communities connect people to people, not just the church itself. (tweet this)
- Building a vibrant community in your church requires you to always look for what’s next. (tweet this)
- Vibrant communities have a singular focus with widespread reach. (tweet this)
- If you want your church to become a vibrant community, you must be fiercely consistent and pleasantly surprising. (tweet this)
- Vibrant communities don’t die. The Church has the advantage because of where our community is rooted. (tweet this)
- If we don’t get our community strategy right, the things we’re doing won’t last (e.g., Blockbuster). (tweet this)
- In order for us to build a vibrant church community, we must understand the demographics we’re reaching today. (tweet this)
Whatever your church does ultimately depends upon establishing community. If you missed the webinar, you can watch Aaron break down the critical components of successful communities and learn how you can incorporate these essential principles into the work you are doing here.
How is your church working to cultivate a vibrant community? What fruits have you experienced from your efforts?