Our new Beta Schedules keep getting better, with bug fixes, UX improvements, and new features based on your feedback. As we continue to make improvements, we want to keep you in the loop about what's coming down the pike, so you can make an informed decision about when it's the right time to get your team using this tool.
- Tuesday, October 2:
- Add/Remove Schedule Organizer: You can now set a Schedule Organizer for each week of a Schedule in that Category. The Schedule Organizer will be able to add volunteers for that week, adjust settings, and receive all of the notifications related to that schedule week. Set your Schedule Organizer in the Schedule Week settings on the grid or list view of your schedules.
- New Schedule Organizer Notifications: Your Schedule Organizers will now receive notification emails when a volunteer declines an assignment or finds a replacement, in addition to receiving all other schedule notifications for that week.
- Apply Schedule Settings to Future Schedules: Now, when you make changes to your schedule settings (like adding an organizer or customizing the reminders), you can apply those changes to all future weeks in your schedule.
- Rename a Category: Edit this setting from your Category Settings page.
- Reminders Default to 7pm: Before, these reminders defaulted to 2am. This default time only applies if you haven't set up a custom reminder time.
- Alphabetical Sort: Now your list of volunteers in the Add Volunteers modal and the names of your Teams and Positions are all sorted alphabetically.
- Wednesday, September 5:
- Service Plans: You can now create a Service Plan and attach it to your schedule, to have a rundown of your event or service. You can include descriptions, links, and files in your service plans so your volunteers have everything they need!
- Open Schedule: Just click "Allow Volunteer Signups" in your schedule week settings, choose which positions you're looking to fill, and alert your volunteers to the open opportunities!
- Default to "Accepted" Status: Now, in your Category Settings, you can choose to "Use Accepted as the Default Assignment Status". When you choose this setting, all new volunteers you add to the grid will have a status of "Accepted" rather than "Pending." They won't receive a volunteer request message, but they will receive serving reminders.
- Add More Weeks: When you add more weeks to your schedule, you can choose specifically which weeks to add and you can continue to load more than 10 weeks at a time. You can now do this both from the Grid and the Schedule List view.
Here are other features already in the works based on your feedback:
(Note: All of these dates are estimates, not guarantees on delivery, and are therefore subject to change.)
- October 2018:
- Beta Schedules in the Lead App
- People Search Connected to Beta Schedules
- 'Background Check Required' Positions connected to Childwork Approved Dates
- Alerts for Expiring Background Checks
- Serving Assignments on 'My Calendar' .ics feed
- Change Week Start Day on Calendars
- November 2018:
- Form Automation to Beta Schedules Positions
- Process Queue Automation to Beta Schedules Positions
- Beta Schedules Roster Report
- Beta Schedules Connected to Dashboard Metrics
- Grid View for Volunteers
- Redesigned Request and Reminder Emails with Calendar Links
- December 2018:
- Serve Tile on Profiles shows Beta Schedules Data and Actions
- Serving Availability on Profiles is connected to Beta Schedules
- Involvement Timeline on Profiles Shows Beta Schedules History and Activity
- Swap with Another Volunteer
- Date Unknown:
- Duplicate a Schedule, Serving Rotation, Service Plan, etc.
- Family Schedules
- Checking in Volunteers using Check-In
- Public Sign-Ups
- Team Organizer Role
If you need more in-depth assistance to help you transition to the new profile view, here are some additional training resources available to you:
You can see all training resources, and get an overview of the new Beta Schedules feature, on this blog post.
What About Old Schedules?
Because this new Schedules system is a work-in-progess, we have made it entirely independent from your old Schedules. That means you can keep using any schedules you have already created, and explore this new Schedules tool on a time that works best for your ministry.
Our team is will work with you to help you with migrating information from your old schedules into the Beta Schedules feature, and we are providing a number of options where you can choose to have old schedules turned off. Check out this blog post to get started.
Be sure to subscribe to this Software News blog to stay in the know about new additions and updates to the software and apps.